- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup Fatso peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almond
- Blend the dates in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Melt the peanut butter in a small saucepan or microwave and add it to the food processor, along with the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the puffed quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and chopped almonds and pulse just until everything is combined. (Do not overmix!)
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and transfer the bar mixture into the pan.
- Use your hands to press the mixture down evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours. Remove and cut into bars. Store bars in a container in the fridge.
NOTES: You want to make sure your Medjool dates are fresh and sticky. If they are dry, soak them in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe. Add any additional mix-ins you like to these. Chocolate chips, dried fruits, or nuts.
Be sure to tag #eatfatso with your creations and follow us @eatfatso for more recipe inspiration!