Victoria BC, Canada - Full time
Fatso is an all-natural peanut butter enriched with plant-based super fats. Peanut butter is great on its own, but we are all looking for efficient yet tasty ways to pack all of our desired health benefits into one tidy spoonful. Fatso uses healthy fats such as coconut oil, avocado oil and MCT oil plus the added fibery goodness of chia and flax to give you a nutrient dense, intensely delicious, and cost-conscious nut butter without any sugar or palm oils. It's peanut butter but way better.
Our Founder and CEO, Jill Van Gyn, started her operation out of the back of a health food restaurant in Victoria BC in 2016. Today Fatso can be found in every province across Canada, at Whole Foods in Washington and Oregon and is available in both the US and Canada via Amazon or Shopify.
Do you love nut butter, a flexible work environment, and working with a small, tight-knit team? Fatso might be the right fit for your next job! Our work culture focuses on employee fulfillment, collaborative projects, and independent and intuitive progress. Our small, yet scrappy, team enjoys time together for team building (eg. Toronto, Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, and this year, keeping it close to home, Tofino!), a flexible schedule, option to work from home and from Kwench Co-Working Space, and obviously, a healthy peanut butter stipend.
We also offer a competitive benefits and vacation package. Our culture demands individuals who are committed to a variety of social causes, as community engagement is at the core of our business practices. If this sounds like the right fit for you then please read on!
Location: Victoria, BC (combination of remote and in-office work)
Structure: Full time, permanent position
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000 per year
Online Retails + Customer Care
- Respond to all customer emails, direct messages and product inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Manage Amazon customer reviews and direct messages
- Manage Amazon consulting communication and projects
- Manage customer complaints and product issues
Administration + Finance
- Manage company calendars and meeting schedules
- Consolidate sales reports
- Process customer orders and manage administration and delivery logistics
- Coordinate product demonstrations and in-store sampling
- Coordinate sample shipments
- Coordinate brand apparel ordering and fulfillment
- Oversee compliance and standards
Marketing + Social Media
- Assist with social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Twitter
- Assist with customer engagement and brand awareness
- Create quarterly content plan
- Coordinate brand partnerships, collaborations and giveaways
Operation, Inventory & Logistics
- Manage product inventory
- Manage freight and courier logistics
- Coordinate trade show administration and logistics
- Coordinate product specs and retail checks
Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications or a related field (will consider equivalent experience)
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in customer service or product/brand management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior time and project management skills
- Strong technical skills with experience in G-suite, Excel and Slack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adopt relevant tone of voice and writing styles for a variety of audiences
- Ability to describe Fatso’s vision and product offerings to various audiences
- Proven to be an effective member of a team
- Ability to solve problems collaboratively and creatively
- Ability to maintain an organized system of work under strict deadlines
- Confidence working independently in a self-directed environment
- Self-starter with an ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Creativity, teamwork and meticulous attention to detail required
- Flexible, kind, responsive and positive attitude
How to Apply
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Fatso Operations Coordinator - Your Name”.
The deadline for applications is Friday, October 16th. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.